Thursday, February 2, 2012

Get Psyched!

For me music is imperative for running because it keeps me motivated and moving and without it all I would think about is the lactic acid forming in my legs.  However, when you're running can't just listen to any music, for instance Ron Pope's "A Drop in the Ocean" while being a good song will make you want to sit down on the curb and cry about how you'll never find someone like that (Adele's "Someone Like You" just reinforces this notion and makes you cry harder).  Anyways, when you're running you need to get psyched.  I happen to be one of the citizens of this country with a TV so of course I've watched "How I Met Your Mother" and I am in complete agreement with Barney (on one thing and one thing only) a good music mix starts high and gets higher.  So here is my running playlist (be forewarned I am a girl and therefore like some girly songs, don't hate, it's bad for the soul):


"Shook Down" - Yuck
"Shake it Out" - Florence and the Machine
"Suddenly I See" - KT Tunstall
"Blow Away" - A Fine Frenzy
"Nothing" or "For the First Time" or "Breakeven" - The Script
"Unwritten" - Natasha Bedingfield
"Without You" - David Guetta
"Not Over You" - Gavin Degraw (it's a very bouncy song)
"What Doesn't Kill You" - Kelly Clarkson
"My Body" - Young the Giant
"Animal" - Neon Trees
"Beggin" - Madcon
"Sexy and I Know it" or "Party Rock Anthem" - LMFAO
"Get Some" - Lykke Li
"Hello" - Martin Solveig ft.Dragonette
"Hit the Lights"- Selena Gomez and the Scene
"Hips Don't Lie" - Shakira ft. Wyclef Jean
"Raise Your Glass" - P!nk
"Fake I.D." - Big and Rich (if you like country...I do)
"No Sleep Tonight" - Faders
"Hawk Eyes" - The Kicks
"Dark Horses" - Switchfoot
"Awake and Alive" - Skillet
"Thunderstruck" - ACDC

Ok so this playlist is a little long, I mix and match (most of the time I just hit "random" on my running "playlist" which is wwaaayyyy longer than this list) but these are the songs I listen to most.  I typically start with "Shook Down" because its relaxing and motivating for me to go for a run.  I also typically end with "Thunderstruck" because by the end of my run I'm dead and need something b.a. to listen to in order to stay on my feet moving in a forward direction.  I also like to end my run with a short walk and then a few sprints up and down my street racing cars...I don't win a lot....and "Thunderstruck," "Hit the Lights," "What Doesn't Kill You," and "Raise Your Glass" are especially good for this.

That's my schpeel for the day....VAMPIRE DIARIES IS ON TONIGHT!!!!!  Yay!!!  An hour of incredibly fit, outrageously beautiful people doing non-realistic but incredibly entertaining things, my favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment