Thursday, February 2, 2012

I have nothing clever for this title

Ok so I went to see my doctor the other day, just a little update, how's it going type deal.  First off she said I'm doing fantastic (so yay me there) but then she suggested that I try a paleolithic style diet.  This means NO GRAINS.  Ah!  Not my carbs, I love my carbs :( was my first reaction but then I started thinking about my goals for this year (look hot in a bikini, run a marathon, eat healthierly, etc.) and I decided to give this thing a try.

I talked to my family and they are going to do it with me (yay for support), we are all going to be healthier, more energetic, and thinner come summer time.  I'm trying to change not only my body, but my attitude as well this year.  I want to be less shy and scared so that I can be outgoing and fun.  So instead of looking at this diet as some sort of sadistic punishment thingy that's really gonna suck I've decided to look at it as God giving me exactly what I asked for, a healthier body.

I am looking forward to this diet (sorta) but it's going to require a lot of self discipline and strength on my part.  To help myself out a little bit I have designed a plan, at the end of every week, if I have stuck to my diet and followed my half-marathon training plan I am going to treat myself to something (NOT food).  Here are the prizes I am competing with myself for:

Week 1: That ADORABLE dress I found at target the other day, or maybe some comfy yoga shirts
Week 2: A movie of my choice, either go see one at the theater or go pick one out at the store
Week 3: Music Shopping Spree on AMAZON
Week 4: Book shopping at 1/2 Price books
Week 5: Go to the mall and buy something
Week 6: Riding lessons with Danni

After the 6 weeks are up I'll decide if I want to continue a strict paleolithic diet or if I want to SLOWLY start integrating certain grains back into my diet.  I am strong enough to do whatever I set my mind to and I am going to do this but I am going to need everyone's help to hold me accountable.

My Motto for the next 6 weeks: "I find that if you act like somethings gonna happen it usually will."

So I'm going to walk around acting like I'm going to be able to follow this diet and run a half-marathon in May and a full marathon sometime this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment