Tuesday, May 15, 2012

You Should Probably Read This Series



I love reading, it's kind of an addiction.  I mean this literally, once I start reading a good book/series I am a reading machine and it consumes me, it's all I want to do.  I put it before sleep and school work (bad thing to do during finals, but I don't care) and I often do it during class when I should be paying attention - one day I actually skipped class to read my book.  Anyway my current favorite series is "The Mortal Instruments" by Cassandra Clare.  Thus far there are 5 books, they are fairly large, but fast/easy reads (like Harry Potter, but also not like Harry Potter).  I'm not even going to try to explain them because they sound really weird, it's one of those things you just have to see for yourself.  I will say that I was unsure about whether or not I liked the books until the 3rd or 4th chapter of the first book but then I was hooked.

Anyways, when I read books I often cast them as a movie in my head so here are my casting picks for "The Mortal Instruments:"

Clary - Lily Collins
Jace - Alex Pettyfer
Simon - Callan McAuliffe
Jocelyn - Rachel Weisz or Elena Satine
Luke - Hugh Jackman
Isabelle - Emma Stone, Naya Rivera, or Olivia Wilde
Alec - Logan Lerman
Valentine - Liam Neeson or Daniel Craig
Raphael - Adam G. Sevani
Magnus - Zachary Quinto
Maryse - Demi Moore, Jordana Brewster, or Jennifer Garner
Robert - Goran Visnjic
Maia - Malese Jow
Aline - Victoria Justice or Kristin Kreuk
Sebastian/Jonathan - Tom Felton or Jared Padalecki
Kyle - Kellan Lutz

There is also a prequel series (which is equallyish as good) called "The Infernal Devices," here is my casting for them:

Tessa - Jennifer Lawrence
Will - Pierre Boulanger (only British) or a younger Ian Somerhalder or Chace Crawford
Jem - Shannon Kook (yes that's a boy)
Jessamine - Dianna Agron or Claire Holt
Charlotte - Natalie Portman
Henry - Kevin McKidd or Arthur Darvil
Sophie - Lauren Cohan or Lyndsy Fonseca
Gabriel - Liam Hemsworth
Gideon - Chris Hemsworth
Benedict - Joseph Fiennes
Magnus - Zachary Quinto
Camille - Katie Cassidy or Charlize Theron or January Jones
Nate - Zach Roerig
Mortmain - Jude Law

If you've read the books feel free to give me your input on my cast and on yours (if you're as weird as I am).

Good Night!



No comments:

Post a Comment