Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Word of Kindness

Something truly evil happened today.  It was a horrible, awful, terrible, disgusting, heart-wrenching, saddening, enraging thing.  This post isn't going to discuss why it happened or what could have prevented it, because everyone else in the world is busy doing just that for me.  I am so sick and tired of the political debates.  Yes, clearly there needs to be some new legislature, but do we really have to take every opportunity to argue with each other?  I saw some love in the world of social media today, but I also saw a lot of hate.  Everyone seems to feel the need to get their opinion out, make the point that their opinion is right, and tear down anyone and everyone who disagrees with them. Let's practice being kind instead of right for just a moment, please, I am literally begging.

So instead of joining in the debate, I've decided to have my voice heard elsewhere.  This horrible, evil event literally made me break down and cry uncontrollably today, I could really use a hug.  I am one person living thousands of miles away, not personally affected by what happened, and I am in tears.  I can't even begin to fathom how those personally affected are feeling.  They're literally going through hell, that's for sure - they've just experienced pure evil.  

To help combat this I want them to experience a tidal wave of love.  I want to start a campaign of love letters.  I want everyone who reads this to write one letter of support for a victim of this evil act (family members are victims too, almost more-so).  Write what you would want to read if something like this happened to you.  An example might be along the lines of:

Dear Incredibly Strong Person,
I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through right now.  You've been through something that no one should ever have to experience.  I am truly and deeply sorry.  Although I can't understand what you're feeling, I want you to know that you're not alone.  You are loved.  I am sending all of my thoughts, love, prayers, and support your way.  You are not alone,
Sincerely,
Someone Who Cares
Just write from your heart and nothing you say will be wrong.  I would greatly appreciate if no one would take offense to anything I have written.  My intention is not to make anyone angry.  My intention is to start a campaign of pure love.  Put aside your personal opinions, political or otherwise, and let these people know that there is more good in this world than evil.  A lot of people have lost some (if not all) of their faith in humanity, let's do something to restore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment