Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Soo I haven't blogged in a while....

...sorry guys.  I was traveling, then I was sick and didn't feel like doing anything.  Things I've done since last we spoke:

  1. Successfully navigated the Tube.
  2. Stayed at a hostel - not my favourite thing.
  3. Saw "Phantom of the Opera" at Her Majesty's Theatre in London - Life = Made.  It was AMAZING!!!
  4. Paid £8 for a chocolate shot of Bailey's (thought we were getting Bailey's Hot Chocolate) at said theatre.
  5. Had tea at the Muffin Man's Tea Room (which was NOT on Drury Lane).
  6. Went shopping in Camden Town.
  7. Went to a food festival in downtown London.
  8. Ate, and fell in love with Turkish Delight.
  9. Ate Gordon Ramsey, David Beckham, and the Royal Family's chicken supplier's Coq Au Vin - one of the best things I've ever eaten.
  10. Went and saw "Thor:The Dark World" - it was good!  

This is a very brief overview because I don't feel like elaborating, but these were the major things.  I also ran in the rain twice, and got gluten poisoned (totally unrelated).  

Let's talk "Phantom."  I am re-obsessed!  I forgot how much I love it!  Seeing it live brought it all back.  The sets were absolutely FABULOUS: the chandelier dropped, candelabras came out of the floor, and the Phantom wandered around in the rafters.  The vocal talent was also wonderful.  I love me some Gerard Butler, but the Phantom we saw was slightly more talented in the vocal department.  However, Emmy Rossum is still the best Christine.  


I can't put into words how amazing the experience was.  It was definitely something I NEVER thought I would get to do.  I literally could not stop smiling the moment the organ started playing the theme and the chandelier was raised.  It was simply AWESOME!

Enough word vomit.  Let's talk "Hunger Games" - another thing I cannot wait for.  15 days and change until I'm sitting in the theatre, all decked out like a nerd, waiting for the film to start.  24 hours after that I get to see my brother and my Grandma in IRELAND!!!!  I have some very exciting times ahead of me :)  Unfortunately, school happens in between those things.  I don't have any assignments due though, so all I really have to do is show up (and start working on my final essays).

No comments:

Post a Comment