Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Just Thinking...

I am full out sick today: body aches, congestion, coughing, tightness, plugged face (ears, nose, sinuses), and all around malaise.  My voice is also about an octave and a half lower than normal - I could totally be Batman.  Luckily, this week is Reading Week (known in the States as Fall Break) so there is no pressure to get anything done.  I was fairly productive today though, I cleaned and chopped veggies for cooking, put away my dry laundry, and made turkey chili (not the best idea as I can no longer taste things, I fear it might be a bit spicy).  Other than those things I pretty much stayed in bed all day, a pity as it was actually sunny and crisp outside today - what a waste, why does it never rain when I'm sick?Now I'm working on my Study Abroad Tips, and looking up hot beverages to help ease my flu symptoms (allow me to breath and get some sleep).

Being sick sucks because it makes me miss home and people.  Today I miss my family, not just blood relatives, but the friends who are so close that there is no difference.  I especially miss my church family.  I'm listening to music whilst I type and this song came on:




I miss singing with Prays Twice on Sundays.  I miss a lot of things, but this experience is AMAZING.  Studying abroad has been one of the best decisions of my life.  So instead of moaning about my current state, I'm going to count my blessings:

  1. Awesome God - I get to go to Heaven when I die (honestly I'm ready to go whenever at the moment - I can't taste food, there is no longer a purpose to life) <=joking ;)
  2. WONDERFUL new friends - I can't believe I've only known you guys for 6 weeks, it feels like I've known you forever
  3. Excellent adventures abroad
  4. Growth in my faith
  5. Beautiful weather (even if I can't get out and enjoy it properly)
  6. Disney Movies and Hot Cocoa with friends
  7. Cooking adventures
  8. CATCHING FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Music that unites us
  10. Pinterest - access to recipes and cooking facilities
Life doesn't suck, I may feel like someone ran me over with the struggle bus, but I live a very blessed life and I need to remember that.

Anywho, this was meant to be a short post so I'll stop now, time to try out a hot beverage recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment