Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Day 8

Didn't have too many adventures today, walked to Aldi this morning, then walked to the post office, then did a whole lot of nothing (watched Doctor Who) this afternoon under the guise of potentially doing homework which I unfortunately still need to do.  Anywho, one of my flatmates finally got me to do something productive in the form of a run.  We ran probably 2 miles out before turning around and walking back.  It was really great talking with her and getting to know her better.  I am so incredibly thankful for having awesome flatmates who are great people, I'm really happy this trip is allowing me to make new friends.

After our run we quickly changed and went to Tesco to buy items for our baking party.  We then attempted to bake cookies with UK measuring equipment and recipes.  Apparently they were a buttery failure (they had gluten in them so I couldn't try them), but it was fun hanging out with the girls and sharing music.  Today was an uneventful success, tomorrow I have a tour of Canterbury Cathedral and a mound of reading to keep occupied, should be a productive day (I plan on locking myself in the lib until all of my homework is successfully completed.  Wish me luck!!  Here are some photos from my day:
They have them in the UK too!  Little piece of home :)

Where we turned around on the trail - a lovely apple orchard!

PONIES next to the trail

See the cathedral above the treeline?

Crystal at the awesome picnic table we found on the trail


Awesome carved picnic table

Fuzzy cows
The beginning of the trail - believe it or not I took this picture on my phone, looks like a watercolor painting!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment