Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My Mood Today

Today has been overwhelming.  Today is Freshers Fayre which means that all school-associated places are jam-packed with students who want to get information and those who are giving the information (and I do mean packed, wall-to-wall, can-barely-squeeze-through packed = not my cup of tea).  I got a lot of info and signed up for about 50 Societies (I imagine I will only actually join 4 tops).  Then I found out the bank almost froze my card (even though they knew I was in England), but that's been sorted.  Then there is other drama that I don't need to get into, and I've seen about 3 spiders today.  Oh, and I'm eating way too much.  All of these things combined has lead to slightly hermit-like tendencies and homesickness.  I miss home.  I hadn't really felt it until I realized I wasn't allowing myself to feel it and the moment I stopped to think I got homesick.  I know I need to leave the flat and go do something but I've had my fill of some people for the day and I don't want my mood to rub off on anyone else.

I suppose I knew this day was coming, and I'm sure it will pass, but it sure sucks right now.  I miss home, I miss my bed, I miss familiar food, I miss my horse, and most of all I miss my family and I kind of just want a hug.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment