Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Things I Miss, Things I Will Miss

There are certain things I miss from the States (obviously my family and friends, that goes without saying), things that are not quite the same and things I cannot find here in the UK:

  1. PB2 (chocolate, regular, don't care)
  2. Stevia Packets
  3. Filtered tap water
  4. My bed (the one here is very hard)
  5. My pillow (the one here is growing on me, but it offers no support)
  6. Fast internet (although I fixed mine a bit by shutting off the wifi and only using ethernet)
  7. US measuring cups (especially the 4 cup Pyrex) 
  8. Big glass bowls 
  9. The microwave (haven't figured out how to use the one here yet)
  10. Songbirds (seagulls make the most obnoxious sounds)
  11. Baking (haven't tested the oven yet, also don't know how to measure things)
  12. Home-made food (I've been living off bread, butter, and jam)
  13. Sidewalks for running (they're rather narrow and crowded here)
  14. My cowboy boots (I really should have broken my boots in before coming, my ankles would have appreciated it)
  15. My library of books
  16. Movies!!!
  17. Sparx and Luther 
  18. 4G network everywhere/mobile data in general (very useful for finding your way when lost) 
  19. Baggers at grocery stores (here you bag your own groceries)
  20. RIDING!!!  and Banchee :(
Now onto the things I love :)
  1. GF/DF products that are delicious and reasonably priced
  2. The city of Canterbury which is entirely navigable on foot
  3. Being able to walk everywhere
  4. The Town Centre shopping (it almost has a tiny SoHo feel)
  5. The people!  Everyone I've met has been quite friendly or at least helpful
  6. Chips!
  7. The history that is ever present
  8. The view
  9. All of the new friends I've made (and there are lots)
  10. The SU with it's cheap Starbucks coffee
  11. The Lounge at the SU
  12. Karaoke
  13. Pubs!  Going to find the Jolly Sailor tonight
  14. Tesco (like a small Hy-vee)
  15. The confidence I've gained
  16. The travels I'm planning
  17. The Uni Campus (I'll post pictures when I take them, it's beautiful)
  18. The activity (there is literally ALWAYS something to do)
  19. Poundland!  Everything is a pound (like Dollar Tree)
  20. The Icona Pop electric slide dance thing
and much much more!

If you perchance are contemplating sending a care package, here are some things I can't get here/would love:
  1. MORE LETTTERS!!!!  I cannot begin to describe how much joy reading your letters brings!
  2. American measuring cups and spoons
  3. PB2
  4. GF poptarts
  5. Wool hiking socks (I'm sure I can find them here if I look, but you really can't have too many)
That's it I think, mostly I love hearing from everyone back home :)

Here's a picture of Poundland from the internet machine (haven't quite figured out how to put my pictures on my blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment