Tuesday, September 24, 2013

What I Miss the Most

Judge for yourself whether I am a terrible person, but being as I have regular correspondence (including Skype) with my friends and family, I'm not as homesick for them as I am for my horse.  Don't get me wrong, I do miss my friends and family, but it's a different kind of feeling of miss...loss....whatever...when it comes to Banchee because riding was such an important part of my life.

I'm so thankful that I have friends looking out for my horse back home, but it is a weird and uncomfortable feeling knowing that someone else is riding her and I have no control over how it goes.  I feel so stupid, but it really does make me feel sad, what if she forgets me or is angry at me for leaving (horses have feelings too ya know).  I don't know.  What I do know is that I better find a place to ride and a horse to love here in Canterbury ASAP!  It won't replace my horse back home, but it will definitely make me a better person.

That's my schpeel for this morning, more scribbles to come later.  I am now off to go tour Canterbury Cathedral.


No comments:

Post a Comment