Wednesday, December 18, 2013

New Starts

Sometimes your "todays" are hard.  Today was hard.  Life isn't easy, no one ever said it would be.  Oh roller-coaster of emotions, why must you plague me thus!?  Today was ok actually, tonight has progressively gotten tougher.  I'm trying to keep the "life is what you make it" attitude.  Keeping with that spirit, life is all about choices.  In high school...or maybe middle school........a really long time ago, when I was yet in hell, the students who read the announcements would always end with the phrase "Make it a great day, or not, the choice is yours."  I hated that phrase, I thought it was the most condescending thing in the world (sometimes you just have feelings that you need to feel and they aren't happy, you can't force someone to be happy), but there actually is some truth in it.  I could let myself marinate in these not-so-nice feelings, or I could do something to change them.

Tomorrow is a new day, a new beginning, a fresh start.  Tomorrow can be different from today.  Tomorrow is also what I make it.  I can make it better than today.  I may not always be able to control how I feel, but I can control what I do, and sometimes what I do influences how I feel.  Today is over now, what happened happened.  Nothing I can do to change it now, but I can affect tomorrow.  Tomorrow is new.  Tomorrow will be kinder (I just love this song).


 Moving on is really hard, but it's not impossible.  Life goes on.  You can fall without failing.  Failure is part of life.  Life is what you make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment