Thursday, December 12, 2013

Why I'm NOT Excited to Leave England


In spite of all of the little issues I have with this country (dodgy plumbing, pedestrians don't have the right of way, lack of applesauce, etc), I'm REALLY going to miss it.  Here's what I'll miss the most:

1. My AMAZING new friends (not the girl in the front, she doesn't even go here):










2. Easy access to Europe and ADVENTURE
























3. Walking everywhere like a boss


4. Public transportation!






5. Pubs


6. Christmas Markets


7. The vernacular


8. The birds, especially the Nightingales (definitely not the seagulls though)


9. Brothers Cider


10. The sense of empowerment one experiences when forced out of one's comfort zone



While I may be ready and excited to go home, I'm really sad about leaving.  The thought actually keeps me up at night, because I don't know when I'll be coming back.  I make this face:

(I'm obsessed, so sue me).

I'm really trying to focus on the happy thoughts and things I'm looking forward to about going home, because if I think too hard on what leaving actually means, I'll probably make this face:


It's like when we first got here and I refused to think about home, because I knew it would wreck my emotions.  They're two separate worlds that can't cross over in my mind elsewise:
(to continue our theme)



I'm sure about 2 weeks after I get home I'll be making this face:

No comments:

Post a Comment