Sunday, October 20, 2013

Hot Chocolate and New Travel Plans



This week has been a relatively stressful week trying to plan Reading Week trips.  I learned a very valuable lesson: don't wait till the week before Reading Week to book trips.  You see, if you wait prices get jacked, and then you can no longer afford to go.  Luckily I also learned that when God closes one door, He opens another.  My travel buddy and I picked a new weekend and got dirt cheap plane tickets and accommodations.  I am once again thoroughly EXCITED.

My new plans include:

  • 2 nights in Limerick at a lovely HOTEL (note the lack of "s")
  • 3 nights in Cork at a vibrant (and well-rated) hostel

Possible touristy things in Limerick include:

  • The Irish Palatine Heritage Centre where you can trace your ancestry
  • St. Mary's Cathedral
  • King John's Castle
  • Shopping in the Town Centre
Possible touristy things in Cork include:
  • Shopping on Paul Street
  • Touring and shopping the City Centre
  • Sampling sweets at the Exchange Toffee Works
  • Touring the Red Abbey Tower
Honestly we'll probably just walk around until we spot something that interests us and check it out.  Our accommodations should also have information and advice on what to do in each city.  I'm really excited to finally see Ireland and have 5 days to explore!  No matter what happens, I need to constantly remind myself that this is an AMAZING experience.  Last year this time I was sitting in a classroom in IOWA, now I'm exploring the UK, Ireland, and France!  How blessed am I making these memories?

On the Hot Chocolate note, I can now say I have sampled all flavours of Cadbury Hot Chocolate Highlights and Fudge is the best, closely followed by Hazelnut.  Bourneville is the worst, and Caramel is (sadly) nothing special.  All flavours are good with Bailey's. 

 

BAM!  Irish roots are showing already! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment