Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Movies I Have a Hankering to Watch, But Don't Have Access To





Since arriving in England, I have realised how many movies I watch, and how watching them has a distinct impact on my mood.  Sometimes I just need to cry, or laugh, or think, and certain movies are perfect.  Movies have such a profound impact on how we think and feel, it's crazy (good or bad I don't know, but crazy none-the-less).

Not having access to certain movies has made me aware of my movie-watching habits.  There are some movies that never get old that I watch and rewatch without end.  There are some movies that I really want to watch based on my situation.  Long story short, I watch a lot of movies, and I miss some of them.

Movies I Want to Watch, But Don't Have Access To:

  1. Bridesmaids
  2. Mean Girls
  3. Braveheart
  4. Rapturepalooza
  5. Pitch Perfect
  6. Flicka
  7. Harry Potter 
    • Deathly Hallows Part 1
    • Half-blood Prince
    • Goblet of Fire
  8. The Holiday
  9. Friends With Benefits
  10. Easy A
  11. The Lizzie McGuire Movie
  12. P.S. I Love You
  13. The Ugly Truth
  14. 27 Dresses
  15. Silver Linings Playbook
  16. Dances With Wolves
  17. Step Up 2: The Streets
  18. What Happens in Vegas
  19. The Devil Wears Prada
  20. Push
  21. John Tucker Must Die
  22. Date Night
  23. Dirty Dancing
  24. Baby Mama
  25. Monte Carlo
TV Shows (re-runs) I Miss:
  1. How I Met Your Mother 
  2. Grey's Anatomy
  3. Gilmore Girls (seasons 1-3)
  4. Doctor Who (series 6)
  5. 30 Rock
  6. Bones
  7. Cupcake Wars
  8. Triple D
  9. Chopped
  10. The rest of The Food Network
TV Shows/Movies I Have Access to, but Won't Watch b/c They Make Me Homesick:
  1. Heartland
  2. Seabiscuit
  3. Did You Hear About the Morgans?
  4. The House Bunny
  5. Coyote Ugly
  6. The Hunger Games (I have access to the movie, but not my brother)

    TV Shows - NEW Episodes that I'm Missing:

    1. The Vampire Diaries
    2. The Biggest Loser
    3. Dance Moms
    What have we learned from this?  Sarah watches too much TV and it is good that she is getting out of her comfort zone.  Seriously though, there are some rainy days when watching Bridesmaids or Mean Girls with a group of friends whilst eating ice cream or popcorn (or both) would really improve my mood.

    Note: This post is meant for entertainment value only.  Please don't take it as my whining about how homesick I am because I don't have access to these things - this is most certainly not the case.  I am having a wonderful time in England :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment