Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Just Live

I recently realized I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.  I no longer have a plan for a future career (there is no one job that I know I will have).  I don't know where I want to live (well that's not entirely true).  I don't know who I'll be with.  Most importantly I don't know how to find the answers to these questions, but my best guess is:

Just Live

and how scary of an answer is that?
I don't know how to do that I'm a freaking girl, I have to analyze, re-analyze, and over-analyze everything about my life.  I'm also a Christian so I believe God has a plan for me, HE has all of these answers and if I would just calm down for a second and trust Him, He would lead me on my path and eventually show them to me.  My sister also has a blog and she did a much more eloquent job spelling this out than I ever could so please click here and read for yourself.

Long story short, I need to worry a little less and trust a little(lot) more.

Worrying can take up so much time in our lives.  We spend so much time stressed out about school/work/relationships/etc. and if we would put all that energy into something else imagine what we could accomplish....probably just about anything that we wanted to.  We all have dreams, some are crack-pot dreams (i.e. I want to be a princess when I grow up.......ok maybe not for Kate Middleton but ya know), but others could be achieved if you really REALLY tried (with a little[lot] of help from God). 

At the moment I have no real life-plans/goals so I'm going to list the ones that could turn out to be real (or just be side-effects of watching too much TV):

1.  Live in NYC in an apartment above a bar/coffee-shop/bistro that I may or may not own with my friends.  Seriously.
2.  Go on a crazy adventure in a foreign country.
3.  Teach yoga
4.  Be a teacher (in a school) - teach Spanish?
5.  Have lots of horses/dogs/birds/pets (this one is non-negotiable)
6.  Live in the country (after NYC or if it doesn't pan out, I'm easy)
7.  Go on The Voice.............win?
8.  Start Horse-therapy program
9.  Use horses to "rehab" criminals, at-risk kids, victims
10. NOT be a lawyer
11. Be a lawyer
12. Be a doctor
13. Be a spy
14. Be an actress
15. Find love......(in a hopeless place)
16. Find bread.....(in a toastless place) what up!
17. Slap a drink out of someone's hand (ok not really a life goal, but it would be pretty darn AWESOME)
18. Be on Dancing with the Stars
19. Be a mom
20. Change someone's life <= Real Life Goal! 

That's my schpeel for the day, more schpeels tomorrow.  Good night beautiful world!

Watch this, it's funny.............................................I should not be awake when I'm this unconcious  

Also funny/AWESOME:
If you're wondering why it's funny, you either didn't click the link, the link didn't work, or you don't watch How I Met Your Mother, or a combination of all 3, or none of the above.

Yay for imperfect grammar!

time fo sleep

"fo" was supposed to be "to" but it worked so I left it

tee hee

stupid.

bed. now.

bye





3 comments:

  1. First, aww, you are too sweet. And two, you should add to your list...skip each of my classes at least once a semester! Best goal I think I have ever had! Love you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my dear sister, not my goal because it's already been accomplished ;) love ya!

      Delete
  2. This is great Sarah! I think that's probably the best future you could have planned right now...an unsure one. You don't have to have a definite path. I've gotten myself into the same boat and although at times it brings me a lot of anxiety, it also brings me a lot of joy knowing there are so many options out there for me! I'm always here for ya girly! <3

    Ashley Brennan

    ReplyDelete