Monday, April 9, 2012

That Darn Diet

Broke my diet for the weekend and now I'm feeling sickly proving that the diet works and nagging at me to get back on it :p  So it's going to become a staple for me - minimal grains (I'm not going to kill myself to avoid them but I'm not going to kill myself by eating them either).  I also kinda maybe might have been somewhat eating my feelings this weekend as well so I ate a lot.  Paying for it now though.

Anywhosies, my new review of this diet:
It still gets boring and frustrating but it's not worth it to feed yourself crap that makes you feel tired and glubby.  Thus I recommend this diet to anyone and everyone who wants to look and feel better.  Oh and ladies, the first thing you'll notice when you eat this way is your stomach sucking in (flat. belly.) ;) 

Diet Suggestions:
  1. Start slow if you've never been on a restricted diet before.
    • Week one: no rice, week 2: no rice or beans, week: 3 no rice, beans, or corn, etc.  
    • This should make it somewhat less shocking to you as to what you can and can't eat.  
  2. Reward yourself with a non-food thing every week you stick to the diet as well. 
    • This will give you something to look forward to and (hopefully) motivate you to stick to your diet.
  3. Enjoy the big holidays (just realize you will probably regret it)
    • Don't kill yourself trying to stick to the diet when you're at a party (this does NOT mean binge on anything you want)
    • If you feel badly afterwards it should just cement your resolve to stick with the diet
  4. Be strict for the first 6 weeks so you really reap the rewards
    • Seriously.
  5. After the first 6 weeks make it what you want
    • Ex. I'm adding quinoa to my diet as well as the occasional aged cheese, when I eat Mexican I will be eating chips and salsa, when we go somewhere with gluten free bread options I will indulge every once in a while but I will NOT be buying these items (all the time) to have at home

No comments:

Post a Comment