Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Music Notes

I don't know if you've noticed but I really have a thing for music.  I know what you're thinking "What!?!?!  I would never have guessed!!!  You only post about music like every other second, which would never EVER have tipped us off that you like music."  To which I reply "I know.....shocking." 

When life REALLY sucks (for instance: right now) music allows me to channel all of my sad/depressing/ugly emotions into something beautiful.  My emotions somehow fuel my confidence allowing me to sing loud and proud.  Producing a beautiful sound then allows me to feel better about life thus making my life suck a little less.  I can find a song for just about every situation life throws at me that allows me to express my feelings, process them, and start moving on.

It keeps me motivated when I'm running by allowing me to escape to some my world of pain for a while and connect to the music with my pace.  In the same way, when riding, music allows me to connect to the movements of my horse as well as control our speed.

Life also allows me to just lose myself, jam out, and have an awesome time dancing around like an idiot to embarrassing songs that I love (see older post "Songs that...").  I may look ridiculous, but I feel great.

In short music is part of who I am and I hope I never lose that part of me.

If I had to pick one song to describe me I would pick...

No comments:

Post a Comment