Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Blessings (because I prolly won't have internet access on Thanksgiving)

We all have moments when life really sucks: illness, relationship troubles, body issues, family issues, financial issues (although apparently people are willing to pay big bucks for midwestern girls - such as myself - to carry their children, I will be looking into this), job issues, what have you.  In spite of all of these things, there is always something to be thankful for, some blessing we have been given.  Your thanks can be something as simple as "Dear God, thank you for creating Chris Evans, nice job on that one, cheers!"  But really it should at least be along the lines of "Dear God, thank you for Your Son, without Him I would be going to hell, but because He sacrificed His perfect, blameless life for me, I get to come chill with You in Heaven, cheers!"

So (there I go with the so again, goodNESS), without further Hallmark card sounding remarks, here is a very abbreviated list of some things I am thankful for:
  1. Jesus on the cross - my faith - the gift of eternal life
  2. My wonderful relationship with my amazing family
  3. My fantastic friends (who are like family)
  4. My working, healthy body 
  5. My brains, cleverness, and wit (and humility)
  6. My horse, the gift of having horses in my life
  7. My college education and those who have made it possible
  8. The chance to study abroad
  9. Technology (and my access to it. . . . . .this includes running water)
  10. The nice life I am able to live
  11. All my happy memories
  12. My abilities (not the superhero kind, unfortunately)
  13. The luxury of being able to choose a career path
  14. My job - all the opportunities that have been presented to me
  15. The hope of and potential for a wonderful future
In making this list I have realized how much stuff I actually have.  I live a very blessed life and I need to spread my blessings with others.  I am going to find time to volunteer this holiday season, and give some of my time and stuff to those who need it.

So I have officially Hallmark Carded it up, and am now done.  I just looked up surrogacy as a potential career and I am not eligible because I have never had a child before, I'm a little bummed, that could have paid for college and study abroad, oh well, back to being thankful for my many blessings.  I encourage you to do the same.  Whenever something is getting you down, physically write a list of all the blessings in your life, it opens your eyes a little.

Some things Jimmy Fallon is thankful for:


No comments:

Post a Comment