Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Let's talk Hollywood

I'm gonna start by sincerely thanking Hollywood for screwing me (and many other girls) over in the body image department, I now have no idea what the words "normal" and "healthy" mean for me and my body.  I now have practically no self-esteem and am constantly trying to achieve a crazy ideal that I refuse to believe is unachievable for my body.  So thanks for that. . . . . .although if you look at it in a different light, you could say Hollywood is a good motivator for me to get in better shape, but I digress.

Anywho, civilians such as myself are not the only ones who feel the pressure to be thin from Hollywood, celebs are under a huge amount of pressure to maintain their tiny physiques thanks to the constant scrutiny they endure. I read an article about Jennifer Lawrence on People Magazine's website today in which the Oscar Nominated actress stated:

"I'm never going to starve myself for a part ... I don't want little girls to be like, 'Oh, I want to look like Katniss, so I'm going to skip dinner.' That's something I was really conscious of during training, when you're trying to get your body to look exactly right. I was trying to get my body to look fit and strong – not thin and underfed," the actress, 22, tells December's Elle

I would like to say "thank you Jennifer Lawrence, for being a positive role model for the young ladies of the world."  And now I would like to apologize for sounding like a creepy old fart, I'm not, my cleverness has just run out for the day. . . . .maybe it'll return sometime tomorrow (I hope).  So ladies of the world, the next time you think you need to lose a few pounds and think skipping breakfast is the way to go, remember that Jennifer Lawrence is gorgeous (and Oscar-nominated) without skipping any meals and you can be too (all this is coming off like a cheesy motivator thing so I'm gonna quit even though I'm already behind).

 I feel like I've been harping on this subject way too much lately, sorry guys, I'll try to write something cheery or witty next time.

Oh, here's something funny. . . . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment