Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What to Watch While You're Working Out

I don't know about all the rest of the world, but when I work out on a machine or do strength/body-weight training, I like to watch something distracting and motivating so I work harder and longer without realizing it.  Motivation comes in a few types: skinny/gorgeous people , if-I-were-them-I'd-be-running-like-hell, they're-working-out-too, and brain-melt.  Here are some examples:

Skinny/Gorgeous People (I could totally look like them if I work out long enough):
  • The Vampire Diaries
  • What the Expect When You're Expecting
  • Monte Carlo
  • Push
  • Any Step-up Movie/dance movies in general
  • Revenge
  • Friends With Benefits
 If-I-were-them-I'd-be-running-like-hell (so let's put in a little more effort):
  • The Hunger Games
  • Jurassic Park
  • Red Eye
  • Run Lola Run
  • Zombieland
  • Lost 
  • Alias
  • Eagle Eye
  • Transformers
  • The Next Three Days

They're-working-out-too (and they are heavier than I am or they're absolutely fit):
  • Biggest Loser
  • Fat Chef
  • Major Gymnastics Competitions (they're all on YouTube)
 Brain Melt:
  • Keeping Up With The Kardashians
  • Dance Moms
  • 21 Jump Street
  • The Great Food Truck Race
  • Glee
  • That 70's Show
I have now given you stuff to watch while you're working out, music to motivate your workout, and an actual workout, you can also click here for more workout ideas.  You have no excuse (unless you are sick and need to rest), so get off your computer and go physically exert yourself! If I can do it, you can do it, I believe in you (motivational moment done).

Ok, not quite done, doing anything is better than doing nothing at all, so even if all you do today is go on a walk around the block, at least you went on a walk around the block.  Be proud of that achievement and just do your best.  Your best is all you can ask for.

Now I'm really done.  Happy Thanksgiving Break all!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment