Monday, November 12, 2012

FOOD TRUCK ROAD TRIP!

So we all know that I have no concrete plan for the future: I know what I would love to do, I don't think it's all that probable.  However, I'm starting to develop a plan to get me there.

My latest television addiction has been "Great Food Truck Race" (I've watched almost 2 seasons of re-runs this weekend).  I am entranced by the food truck business: it looks like a lot of work, it looks fun, and it looks like something I could do.  It also, clearly, only works in big cities with large amounts of foot traffic.  This being said, it fits in well with my plan of moving to NYC/LA/Atlanta/San Francisco/etc.

New (potential) career plan: food truck owner (obviously I'll need a team...and a real chef)

My food truck shall be called GFF (Gluten Free Food/Friends/Fabulous/whateverfloatsyourboat) and I will serve fantastic gluten (and other allergen) free food...but I also like the idea of making things with cheese so not everything will be all allergen free- everything will be gluten free.

Anywho my awesome food truck will serve all sorts of foods that people with gluten allergies want to eat, but can't because they have gluten:
  • Pancakes - not just your average pancake, there will be different flavors
  • Gourmet Hamburgers and possibly corn dogs
  • Hot-pressed sandwiches (paninis)
  • Desserts (there may be pie every once in a while)
One thing I've learned from TGFR is to keep the menu fairly simple, easy to prepare, and tasty....also make something that sets you apart from other street food.

I am now tired of writing this post and not really sure why I started writing it in the first place, here's an adorable penguin:


No comments:

Post a Comment