Monday, November 19, 2012

Fictional Guys Who Are Not So Fictional That I Have Lost All Hope of Finding Someone Like Them



So, let's be completely honest, guys like Noah from The Notebook and Logan from The Lucky One are the unicorns of the man world.  They're the most magical creatures, almost every girl wants one, and they don't exist.  They're fictitious, you won't find one, stop looking.  With this in mind carefully rethink your idea of a depressing movie (Marley and Me's not looking so sad now is it? I'm just kidding, if you don't think that movie's sad good luck with the rest of your life without a soul).  Seriously though, your life is not a movie, those awesome, sensitive, strong, beautiful, caring, protective guys do not exist in real life (I'm talking about the Greek-god-looking ones).  Of course I know the actors are real, but a) most of them are taken, b) most of them are probably nothing like the characters they play in the movies, and c) your chances of ending up with one of them are close to nil.

How incredibly cynical of me to say these things?  Well don't change the channel just yet, there is hope for us sappy girls of the world.  I believe in true love, and I do believe that wonderful men do exist, I'm just not holding out for a Nicolas Sparks creation.  In spite of this, I have not lost all hope in movie men, I really hope that the semi-realistic ones do exist (going along with the unicorn analogy, these men are like great racehorses).

So without further ado, here is my list of "Fictional Guys Who Are Not So Fictional That I Have Lost All Hope of Finding Someone Like Them"
  1. Jesse from Pitch Perfect
  2. Scott (the other Tucker) from John Tucker Must Die
  3. Woodchuck Todd from Easy A
  4. Marco from What to Expect When You're Expecting (I realize he probably won't be as hot as Chace Crawford - I have accepted this, and moved on)
  5. Adam from 50/50
  6. Logan from Veronica Mars
  7. Peter from The Amazing Spiderman (I will happily take the guy without the superheroness)
  8. Alex Karev from Grey's Anatomy
  9. Jess from Gilmore Girls
  10. Edward and/or Bruno from From Prada to Nada
  11. Jack from What Happens in Vegas
  12. Jasper from Elsewhere 
That's everyone I can think of right now, partially because those are all movies/tv shows I watched recently, and partially because I have flu-brain (and brain-cell-loss from watching too much Keeping Up With the Kardashians. . . . I. am. SO. ashamed.).  I may or may not add to this list as I think of other potentially less than fictional gentleman suitors.

Does it bother anyone that the list ends at 12 instead of some more acceptable end-of-list number (i.e. 15, 20, 25)?

So, all this being said, #1 is my dream man - loves movies, has juice boxes, is hilarious, sings like an angel (with looks to boot), wants to work in film. . . .writing MUSIC!! 

P.S. if I'm wrong and the Nicolas-Sparks-Unicorn-Men are real........dibs.

No comments:

Post a Comment